Saturday, January 16, 2010

food.

I’ve been in the cooking sort of mood lately. Around every two months I make a batch of 16-bean soup and freeze it in small containers that I can take to class. Well, I had finished my last Tupperware a few weeks ago, so it was about that time. It’s a really simple recipe – a bag of beans, a few chopped vegetables, tomato sauce and spices. I’ve been experimenting by adding soy chorizo and chili powder, super yummy.
The corn and tomatoes were grown at the Brodd Family Compound this past summer and have been waiting patiently in my freezer to be added into some recipe.

The first time I made the soup, it only filled half the pot. After adding so many extra veggies and “sausage” to the mix, it almost boils over my soup pot.
The finished product!

Today was sunny and a glorious 34 degrees out, so Brent and I took a stroll around Lake Calhoun. In the distance, there was a group of snowkiters enjoying the weather with the downtown skyline in the background. Looked like it required way too much concentration to be enjoyable.


We ended the day with a yummy spaghetti dinner with potato rosemary bread with Boursin cheese . My brother brought this cheese to our Christmas get-together, and I’ve been eating it ever since. I may be slightly obsessed with it. And by the looks of it, Brent is too.


No comments:

Post a Comment