Thursday, January 14, 2010

crafting.

So I've been on winter break for the last three weeks, and rather than wasting my time watching trashy TV, I decided to craft as much as possible. I wanted to make a few clips because I've been sporting a super short haircut for the last year so hair accessories are my new best friend. Using a little bit of felt and embroidery thread, I made my first hair clip!

I found some sequins in my mom's craft room (the mecca of all craft rooms, mind you), so that's where the inspiration for clip #2 came from.


According to this accessory report, bib necklaces are all the rage. Rather than paying $100 for a decent, well-made necklace, I thought I'd give it a try myself. I started with a paper pattern to define the shape of the felt backing, then picked out the beads and buttons to fill in the interior. I didn't think the whole thing through from start to finish, so there are a few parts I'm not too happy with, but overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. The only major problem: it took NINE HOURS!! If I do it again, I'll definitely simplify the design. Maybe bigger beads? We'll see...

A close up...
Stay tuned for pictures of the legwarmers that I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment